Mindfulness & Meditation Demystified Workshop
Tuesday, October 4th, 7–9 pm
AMAL Wellness Centre,
92 Elizabeth Ave., St. John’s$40 per person, in-person or online.
Are you curious about how Mindfulness and Meditation
can help you live a calmer, healthier, low-drama life?
This 2-hour workshop is a short introduction to mindfulness and meditation practices. Learn “just the basics” of what mindfulness and meditation are all about and how they can be of solid benefit to your daily life. You’ll see that mindfulness and meditation do not need to be complicated or religiously or spiritually based. And that these transformative practices do not have to involve any interest in yoga, chanting, incense, or beads (not that there is anything wrong with those things– some people just can’t relate). This instructional and experiential workshop will show you that mindfulness and meditation practices are easy to learn and are accessible to everyone from all walks of life.
Pre-registration is required—
Please use the contact form below to sign up.
You will learn:
- What mindfulness and meditation is and is not, dispelling common myths and misconceptions surrounding these ancient practices.
- About the proven benefits of mindfulness meditation
- About three attentional skills (concentration, clarity, and equanimity) that are strengthened in a meditation practice and how these skills will positively affect your daily life.
- How and why, it is important to live in the present moment.
- Four different meditations
- How to start a regular meditation practice.
- Whether you’re ready for a more in-depth course.
Yes – sign me up.
Protected by reCAPTCHA
©2022 Anchored Meditation